Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The Elfish Gene


Holly, Carlie, Jack and I went to the local library a few days ago and while all of them were off looking for books to occupy their time this summer I was browsing the stand with the new hardcover books on it while I held Jack. I came across this book about a guy who was addicted to the Dungeons & Dragons roleplaying game as a teenager and it looked like a good read.

In the end it was a decent enough book, but I found much of it to be repetitive. He told a lot of stories that were very similar just with altered details such as one time he was dealing with an elf character and the next time it was a dragon. Overall the message of the book was good, don't let things such as Dungeons & Dragons take over your every waking moment, but there wasn't a whole lot of meat to the story.